Eco Lifestyle has partnered with Colours of Kind, FEDISA, and 1% for the Planet to create a competition where the students of FEDISA will create a mock-up concept of their unique designs, which will be printed onto the bags.
How it works
Colours of Kind will uplift and empower young women in disadvantaged communities around Cape Town by producing tote bags that Eco Lifestyle will offer to wine farms, boutique stores, and major retailers in South Africa. Eco Lifestyle will also allow the stores to donate 1% of sales to local NGOs to plant trees, clean our oceans, and protect wildlife. We will also present the opportunities with our Eco-cycle initiative.
Colours of a Kind was established in 2019. It is a social business and a non-profit company. They uplift and empower young women in disadvantaged communities around Cape Town by providing education opportunities and helping them find employment in the fashion and textile industry. Colours of a Kind is based in Woodstock, Cape Town. Our experienced leaders, Stella le Riche and Sindisiwe Phafuli, with a core team, do the training through their education program. They minimise waste through our production line and promote fair labour conditions. The work experience enables our program graduates to find further employment in the industry.
Eco Lifestyle was founded in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2020. Eco Lifestyle is an eco-conscious online store that prides itself on diverse collections from a green home to an outdoor lifestyle. We make sustainability easily accessible to people. Our Eco-cycle initiative produces reusable bags made sustainably with RPET recycled materials. While supporting South African NGOs and recycling the pre-loved reusable bags after wear and tear through our eco-cycle box.
- Recyclable materials are sent to the factory.
- Recycled plastic is made into Fabric and then transported to Colours of a Kind.
- Colours of a Kind locally produce the bags.
- The winner's bags are placed in selected stores.
- Old bags are put into the eco-cycle box in stores.
- Reusable bags are recycled once again into blankets.
Eco Lifestyle has partnered with Colours of Kind, FEDISA, and the 1% for the Planet to create a competition where the students of FEDISA will create mock-up concepts of their unique designs, which will go on reusable shopper bags. We are looking for a trendy, ethnic, abstract, and African design. Create a design that represents the authenticity of Africa and stand a chance to be 1 of 5 lucky winners who will have their design featured in various local outlets.
How to enter
Send your creative artwork to email@example.com and include a mini-essay about you and what inspired your artwork. The winner's designs will feature in major retail stores or local outlets. The winners will be contacted 3 months after the closing date.
Reusable non-woven specifications
Create your design on the non-woven reusable shopper bag on the template below. You can place your design within the proximity below.
1. Maximum 3 colour print. (Solid colours only)
2. Bag size: 48 x 14 x 43cm
3. The design area size is 35 x 35cm
4. The bag's colour is black
Sustainable cotton specifications
Create your design on the sustainable cotton shopper bag on the template below. You can place your design within the proximity below.
1. Maximum 3 colour print. (Solid colours only)
2. Bag size: 38 x 41cm 3. The design size is 35 x 35cm
Laminated non-woven specifications
Create your design on the reusable laminated shopper bag on the template below. You can place your design within the proximity below.
- No colour limitations.
- Bag size: 44 x 22 x 38cm
- The design size is 44 x 38cm
Create a creative swing tag with your QR code and your name.
- Back to back design
- No colour limitations
- You are required to use the logos provided.
- You must add your name and the name of your design.
- The QR code will be added with a link to your portfolio and a video of you.
- The size of the swing tag is 10 × 16cm
- Please ensure all artwork is done in Illustrator.
- The resolution for the artwork is 300 dpi and within the specifications provided. All entries must be submitted and completed by the due date.
- All entries must be on time to be accepted.
- Remember, the artwork will be screen-printed onto the selected bags.
- Please ensure the file name is your name and surname.
- You have all the files in one single folder.
You are required to have:
- You have to choose which type of bag you will place your artwork in and submit it with the relevant documentation.
- Swing tag is a requirement for all entries
- All the artworks are a maximum of 3 colours.
- The artworks are high resolution
- You have done the artwork in Illustrator and submitted it in PDF format
- You include a mini-essay of 250 - 400 words.
- This will include your name, contact details, and what inspired your artwork.
- We are looking for cultural, abstract, trendy artwork with that ethnic South African feel.
- Artwork has to be 300 dpi in CMYK format