Our 30-minute solutions to the dreaded “Mom I’m hungry!”
It gave us a mild headache even typing that dreaded phrase… But fear not, Moms. Ditch the Panado as we have a solution that not only treats but cures this problem. We have put together a list of our favourite and super simple meals that you can make in 30 minutes or less, and there’s a good chance you already have all these ingredients in your kitchen (if not- just send dad to the shops and tell him to take the kids too).
Here are 10 of our favourite meals you can make in 30 minutes or less:
1. PENNE PASTA SALAD (30 mins)
2. BAKING SHEET QUESADILLAS (30 mins)
3. SESAME CHICKEN NOODLE STIRFRY (30 mins)
4. BRAAI HOTDOG & POTATO PACKS (20 mins)
5. GRILLED VEGETABLE SANDWICH WITH HERB-MAYO DRESSING (16 mins)
6. VEGGIE TACO BOWL (25 mins)
7. TUNA WALDORF SALAD SANDWICHES (15 mins)
8. TO DIE FOR FETTUCINE ALFREDO (30 mins)
9. FLAVORFUL CHICKEN FAJITAS (30 mins)
10. QUINOA UNSTUFFED PEPPERS (30 mins)
BONUS: Seeing as it’s the season of gifting: here’s our BEST-EVER GUACAMOLE RECIPE! This delicious dip only takes about 15 minutes to whip up and features a secret ingredient that is unexpected but will make so much sense after your first bite. The secret? Mango!
Here’s how we like to pair ours, but feel free to adjust ingredients and quantities to your taste, but don’t skip the Mango!
INGREDIENTS: (yields 3 cups)
- 3 medium or large ripe avocados
- 1 medium mango (try find one that isn’t too ripe, you want it to be tangy!)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (remove the seeds for chilli-shy guests)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- A few cranks of pepper (about 3 or 4)
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
You're basically done! Mash the avocados and stir in the rest of the ingredients and you are good to go.